Mildew and mold grow in the area with excessive moisture in the air. It is essential to deploy preventatives and clean-up strategies to avoid stopping the damage.
The mold is unhealthy for your home because it will eat away everything wherever it grows. It will consume from the cellulose on the drywall, wallpaper, and insulation to the glues to bond the carpet to its backing.
AC repair experts in Pasadena will explain ways to prevent the mildew from increasing its boundaries and essential steps to remembering during mildew cleaning.
Reasons Behind The Mildew And Mold Growth
Mold thrives near the corners or on the walls of your residence, but sometimes it is hard to find the mildew because it is hiding in inaccessible corners.
Here are some reasons as per the best HVAC company near you that will help you understand the reason behind the mold growth:
- HVAC systems
- Plumbing leakage
- Roof and foundation leakage
- Duct system
Steps To Clean The Mold and Mildew Growth
Here are the steps as suggested by the AC repair experts in Pasadena to clean the mildew growing on the surfaces:
- Scrub the affected area with 0.5% bleach solution.
- When the affected area is dry, prime it with an alcohol-based white pigmented shellac.
- You can even use mildewcide-containing paint to color the cleaned area.
The key to eliminating the mold growing inside your house and preventing it from multiplying its population is to fix the issue that is causing the problem. Scrubbing the mold off the surface, disposing, and replacing the affected materials will not fix the problem until their reason of livelihood is eliminated.
Here are some ways why which you can fix the leakage issue:
- Seal all the duct joints with the help of special mastic available at the nearest HVAC repair shop.
- Installing an exhaust fan in the bathroom for proper ventilation is a good idea.
- Call the air duct cleaning company near you if you have not cleaned it for 3-5 years.
- Clean the condensate pan with 0.5% bleach solution and pour baking soda and vinegar into the condensate drain to clear all the clogs.
- Call the plumbing experts in your area if you have a leaky tap or if water gets collected in pools.
Things To Keep in Mind While Disposing of The Moldy Material!
Here are some experts tips from the best HVAC repair company near me that you should keep in mind:
- Wear a high protective mask like a triple seal respirator and P100 filter cartridge to avoid inhaling the fungus.
- Wear hand gloves and a protective eye set while scrubbing the mold.
- Close all the ventilation grilles and switch off the HVAC systems to avoid the mold spores flowing and spreading to the other corners.
- Do not mess up with the mold spores because one movement and they will fly to different regions.
- Remove the mildew from the affected carpets and insulation with a garden water hose and mild dishwashing detergent before discarding them.
Moisture in the air is a vital aspect that every household owner should be aware of because a humidity-filled environment is unhealthy. It brings discomfort, irritation, and several health complications.
Love’s Heating and Air Conditioning experts will deploy the right strategy to combat the issue and balance dwindling indoor air with the help of modern tools and technical equipment. Call our AC repair experts in Pasadena and get the best and most reliable expert help locally.