Apricus Evacuated Tube Solar Collector in Pasadena, Annapolis, and Crofton, MD and Surrounding Areas
(Thermal solar heating)
The Apricus Solar Collector or Solar Water Heater is a device that absorbs thermal energy from the sun and converts it into usable heat. The heat is normally absorbed by water, or a freeze resistant water mix, which can then be used to supplement hot water heating, space heating and even space cooling via use of an absorption chiller or dessicant cooler technology.
Key features of the Apricus Solar Collector design.
- Internationally certified product
- Reliable, efficient, twin-glass evacuated tubes
- Copper heat pipes for rapid heat transfer
- Easy plug-in installation
- Maintenance Free
- Suitable for mains pressure water (up to 8 bar/116psi)
- Corrosion resistant silver brazed copper header
- All stainless steel frame (439 grade SS)
- Black or Silver aluminium casing
- Stable solar conversion throughout the day (tubes passively track the sun)
- The perfect solar collector for domestic solar water heater systems
- Ideal for commercial solar water heating applications
- Comprehensive 10 year limited warranty
- Solar Absorption
- Solar radiation is absorbed by the evacuated tubes and converted into heat.
- Solar Heat Transfer
- Heat pipes conduct the heat from within the solar tube up to the header.
- Solar Energy Storage
- Water is circulated through the header, via intermittent pump cycling. Each time the water circulates through the header the temperatures is raised by 5-10oC / 9-18oF. Throughout the day, the water in the storage tank is gradually heated.